UCD currently has a student residential accommodation portfolio which extends to approximately 3,179 bedspaces on the campus.
The proposed development will increase student residential accommodation by 3,006 bedspaces, and provide ancillary and complementary facilities to create a living campus community in a new residential village connected to and integrated with the existing residential villages.
The application is seeking a 10-year permission for development comprising the following principal elements:
- 3,006 no. bedspaces comprising a mix of student accommodation typologies.
- The proposed accommodation is arranged in 7 no. Blocks which vary in height from 5 to 10 storeys.
- A student facility centre, (Fulcrum Building), comprising of a function hall, gym and a health & wellbeing centre, with studio accommodation above and, supporting shops and services (bank, convenience store, café’s, shops etc.)
- A range of student amenity and common spaces are provided and comprise a mix of outdoors spaces within the courtyards and immediately adjacent to the respective Blocks, and internal spaces within each Block and at Roebuck Castle.
- A multi-use external court and outdoor active and passive amenity area on the eastern part of the site.
- Retention of the existing woodland walk and all other associated landscaping works.
- Provision of a new, temporary construction access and associated construction parking area onto Fosters Avenue for the duration of the proposed development